Background

Go on and get fierce with it!

Right now, I’m reading Jesus: 90 Days With The One and Only, by Beth Moore. I’m about two-thirds of the way through it and it has been extremely influential in the area of knowing WHO Christ was when He walked this earth. It goes beyond relationship with Him. It’s created such an appreciation for what he actually endured, conversations he had, and how he dealt with conflict. I highly recommend it!

Today’s reading was based out of Luke: 13:31-33. Basically, some Pharisees told Jesus to stay away if he wanted to live or Herod was going to kill him. Jesus said, “Go tell that fox that I will keep on casting out demons and healing people today and tomorrow; and the third day I will accomplish my purpose”.

My thoughts: Whoooo hoooo!!! Go on and get fierce with it, Jesus! Totally a female interpretation but nonetheless, Jesus was direct and intentional in finishing out what he was called to accomplish. I just love that he called Herod a fox. A fox is a symbol of cunning and trickery. So, Jesus was on to the type of person Herod was. Meaning, there was some sort of trickery trying to stand in Jesus’ way of accomplishing His work. The brilliance of it is Jesus was on guard! He knew that just because something stood in His way didn’t mean He wasn’t supposed to reach His goal.

When we live our lives according to God’s will, no Herod in the world can thwart our efforts at reaching God’s goal. Not a Herod of sickness nor a Herod of crisis. Not even a Herod that seems to hand us over to death.

Whatever it is that is standing in your way, get direct with it! Are there times in life when directness like this is not just allowed but is actually what the Lord would like to see from you? Just because there are obstacles, doesn’t mean you’re not supposed to finish what the Lord prompted you to start.

I posted this song on my Facebook page earlier this week, but thought I’d share it here too. I’ve struggled this week with obstacles standing in my way, particularly doubt of what Jesus has called me to, and with prayer and repetition of this song…I’m fired up to be direct with my Herod! :)

Leave A Comment

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Search